Are you looking for the best explanation on how to add a phone number to iMessage on Mac? Luckily, you can easily have an idea of this solution. First of all, let me tell you one thing that text messages and iMessage are not the same things. iMessage is Apple’s Messages app, which is extremely beneficial for the users. You can receive messages not only from your iPhone contacts, but Android users can also send and receive messages. If you want to receive messages, you have to add a phone number to iMessage on Mac. Sending and receiving messages on your Mac is something really interesting, but you need to do some settings for this.
When you understand the importance of adding a number on each device for receiving messages, your next thought would be how to add phone number to iMessage on Mac? You can do it with some settings on each device of Apple.
How to Add Phone Number to iMessage on Mac
- Firstly, go to iPhone Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
- Sign in with your Apple ID by tapping “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” option.
- After signing in, find the section titled “You can receive iMessages to and reply from” and ensure your phone number is selected.
- Click Yes when you see a popup asking if you want to add your phone number to iMessage and FaceTime. It will appear only if you are already signed in with your Apple ID.
- Once you have added your phone number for iMessage on your iPhone, you need to launch Messages on your Mac. It can be found under “Applications.”
- After launching Messages and signing in with your Apple ID, go to Messages > Preferences
- Select the iMessage icon in the Preferences menu, which looks like as address or “at” sign.
- Come to your Mac to confirm iMessages, make sure that your phone number is selected under the “You can be reached for messages at:” section.
These were the simple steps that will assist you in finding a way out of how to add a phone number to iMessage on Mac. You can also remove the phone number from your Mac by using the same steps with some changes.
These are really easy steps that do not take much time. These steps provide a quick explanation of how to add phone number to iMessage on Mac. You can easily add or disappear messages of any phone number by using the above steps. You can even get a better solution to fix iMessage not working problem you face on Mac.
Lots of people also find quick ideas for iMessage on PC, and it is not that tricky. Try following all these useful tips!