A messaging service that integrates into Message App on Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, or Mac, is called iMessage. With your phone number or email, you can register yourself on the iPhone. A single iMessage account is enough for all of your devices to send and receive messages. Sometimes, you need to remove the phone number from iMessage on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Reasons can vary; you might need to remove a phone number from iMessage because you are planning to shift to Android or any other platform. You may need to delete phone number on iMessage because you no longer want to get iMessage on your device. Here you will see how to remove phone number from iMessage on iPhone.
How to Remove Phone Number from iMessage on iPhone
Users of iMessage will always get iMessages from other iPhone users. However, it may generate some problems if you need to shift from iOS to Android, as you will not be able to get even normal text messages from iPhone users.
That’s why you have to delete your phone number from iMessage. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings > Messages
- Slide off the iMessage Slider and go back to Settings.
- Open FaceTime and switch off slider. It will remove your phone number from iMessage on iPhone.
How to Remove Phone Number from iMessage on iPad
- Go to the Settings app.
- Open Messages.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- Click on your Apple ID..
- Click Sign Out. It will remove your phone number from iMessage.
- Double-tap on the back arrow.
- Open FaceTime.
- Go to your Apple ID.
- Tap Sign Out. It will remove your phone number from FaceTime.
How to Remove Phone Number from iMessage on Mac
For this, you need to sign in with the same Apple ID you are using on your iPhone.
- Go to the Messages > Preferences.
- Tap Accounts. It looks like @ symbol in blue.
- Open the iMessage account.
- Uncheck your phone number. It will turn off your phone number for iMessages.
- Open FaceTime > Preferences.
- Uncheck your phone number. It will turn off your phone number for FaceTime.
With your Apple ID or phone number, you can register yourself on iMessage. You can remove the number if you don’t want your number visible to your contacts. Removing a phone number is as easy as adding phone number to iMessage on iOS devices.