How to turn off iMessage on Mac is the first question that comes in your mind when you are planning to switch your device from Apple to Smartphone. Apple has introduced lots of applications and software for iOS users. Every service is excellent in a way to keep you in touch with other people who have iPhone. iMessage is a brilliant app which allows you to contact with your friends and family without sustaining extra charges from your network provider.
Instead of all the best services most of the users have to face issues while using iMessage. Sometimes it is frustrating for the user to deal with the issues again and again. So, they decide shifting to the Android, Blackberry or any other Smartphone. Sometimes, when you are in office and your iPhone and Mac are keep on alerting you with new notifications and messages. It might be an interruption for you or for some other people in the office. Most of the people also search iMessage for PC, because of its most amazing features.
This guide has the best tips for how to turn off iMessage on Mac. If you finally decide to buy Android, Apple has to stop iMessages to you instead of SMS. In order to keep on receiving your important messages on your other device, you have to make sure that Apple knows you have switched. In order to do this, you must be thinking how to delete iMessage on Mac. Well, there is a simple solution for you.
How To Turn Off iMessage On Mac Before Moving To Another Device
Before leaving your iPhone, you have to follow few steps for the solution of how to disable your iMessage on Mac;
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone from the Home screen.
- Tap on Messages option.
- Tap the slider next to iMessage to turn it off.
- Now go back to Settings.
- Go to the FaceTime app.
- You also have to tap on slider next to the Facetime to turn it off.
Now you have to jump into the Messages app and send some messages to your friends who have iPhone. If they can message you back then all is done. Green messages are for iMessage app.
Once you are done with this iMessage must be deactivated from the servers of Apple. You will not be having any more issues with your messages.
Tip: Keep in mind that all this procedure does not take time, but the servers of Apple need some days to completely turn you off from their Network. Don’t get panic if you found any issues.
After you are successfully switched to your new device you should make sure that all of your messages are delivering on your new device. Your friends and family who owns iPhone must be receiving and sending messages to you on your new device. If you are not able to receive anything, then you have to follow more steps.
How To Disable iMessage On Mac Manually
When you directly switch to your new device but forgot to turn off your iMessage on your Mac, and no longer can access to your iPhone, then don’t worry. There is a solution of how to turn off iMessage on Mac when you don’t have access to your iPhone. Manually you can deactivate your iMessage with online processing.
- First of all, go to the site (http://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage) from your browser.
- There you will see the second section with a label of No longer have your iPhone?
- In this section, you have to enter the phone number you want to deactivate from iMessage.
- A code will be sent to you by clicking on Send Code.
- You will receive a code on your number.
- Enter the code and wait for some time to confirm that the solution of how to turn off iMessage on Mac is successfully completed.
There is another method for the solution of how to delete iMessage on Mac;
How To Disable iMessage
- On the very first step, you need to launch the Messages app on your Mac.
- Click on the Preferences option in the Message menu.
- You will see the account details on the left-hand side of the window.
- Click on the account that you want to turn off.
- You have to uncheck the box to enable the account.
In this way, you will not receive iMessages on your Mac, and when you want to receive messages again all you have to do is check that box.
It is not a permanent solution; you can disable your iMessage on Mac for some time with this method. If you want a permanent solution of how to delete iMessage on Mac, then you have to sign out of your iCloud account.
How To Sign Out Of iCloud In iMessage
- First of all launch the Messages.
- In the Messages menu, you have to click on the Preferences option.
- On the left side of the window, you can select the account that you want to sign out.
- Next, to your Apple ID, press the Sign out button.
- Confirm by clicking Sign Out in the pop-up window.
In this way, you can permanently delete your iMessage account from your Mac. These were the best solutions of how to turn off iMessage on Mac. Try and share these methods.