Are you sick of repeatedly seeing iMessage waiting for activation error on your iPhone? Well, don’t worry you are on the right track to get rid of this issue. Here is a whole guide for you to fix this error in no time.
At times, your iMessage on iPhone may run smoothly without any issue but you also may have seen iMessage waiting for activation error in your iOS 12, 11 or 10 on iPhone. In this situation, your patience level drops down and your mind just blows up. You must have tried some tricks to solve this thing but it never works.
While going through iMessage issue you may have seen some standard error messages like waiting for activation, an error occurred during activation, activation unsuccessful, and few more. Each user might be facing different issue with his iMessage on iPhone. Therefore, in this piece of writing, you will find all the possible issues and their solutions respectively.
Before going directly towards the solutions of iMessage waiting for activation, you should check these things out:
- You should check date and time as well as Time Zone must be set correctly. To check date and time, go to settings, general, Date & Time and then enable the option Set Automatically.
- Also, make sure that you have listed your number in the phone app. You can check it in settings, Phone and enter your number in your Name option.
- It often happens that iMessage activation takes up to 24 hours, but if you still having iMessage waiting for activation issue, contact your carrier.
- Make sure that you are allowed to receive and send messages from your Carrier support team.
- If you are using pre-paid plans then make sure you have enough balance in your SIM. If you don’t have any credit in your SIM card then it might be a reason. According to some iPhone users, who had faced the same problem of iMessage waiting for activation.
- Apple runs into system issues at times that can be problematic for iMessage and FaceTime. If you see your iMessage in yellow or red then you definitely need to check the system.
These were some quick aids for iPhone users who face iMessage waiting for activation error. Now, let’s move on to some practical and more useful ways to solve this issue.
How to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error?
Check Your Internet Connection
Actually, iMessage and FaceTime needs a perfectly smooth internet connection to work properly. So, at the first step, you should check your internet connection thoroughly. To check the internet connection open settings and go to Wi-Fi or Cellular. Now turn off the switch and restart your device and again turn on Wi-Fi or Cellular.
Try to reset your network settings if you still facing the same issue on your iPhone. Resetting the settings will delete all the settings and you will have to make settings again. To reset, go to Settings and click on General, then hit the Reset button and Reset Network Settings. Now you will be asked to enter Passcode and confirm the settings.
If you were having a networking issue with your iMessage activation then you should now relax as the problem is gone. Still, if you are facing iMessage waiting for activation, try next method.
Make sure that you are able to send messages through iMessage. To send iMessage you have to be able to access the iMessage service. To check this you have to go to your message conversation. See a conversation of your friend who has iPhone and checks if there is a silver logo of mic or green logo with an arrow.
If you see a green icon in spite of this generally being someone you chat over your iMessage. You will see blue text bubbles and in this case, your iMessage has been deactivated. The reason behind this can be a recent change of network supplier or when you got new iPhone.
If you want to confirm your iMessage deactivation, go to Settings and click on Messages to check if the slider of iMessage has been switched off.
To activate the iMessage again you have to tap on the slider. After this procedure, you may have to wait as it may take up to 24 hours for activation.
Turn Off/On iMessage
Still, if it does not work for you, try to reset iMessage and FaceTime at the same time. It is because both apps use the same servers, so if you have any problem with one app then you surely will be facing problems with other as well.
- For this, go to Settings and click on Messages and turn off iMessage. Repeat the process with FaceTime, go to Settings and click on FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
- Now you must turn off your iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing the side button or the button located on the top of the iPhone. It depends on your iPhone model.
- Again go to Settings and turn on the iMessage and repeat the process of turning on with FaceTime app.
- Keep in mind that you have to wait for up to 24 hours again to get rid of iMessage waiting for activation error.
Unfortunately, if you are still not having any positive results by this method you should do the following process:
Updating Your iPhone Might Work
Find out the latest updated version of iPhone and check if your iPhone is also up to date.
- For this purpose, you can contact your carrier to confirm that you can receive SMS messages.
- It will definitely work for lots of users, but if you didn’t find any solution to your problem till now, don’t worry.
- When your carrier is not able to solve your problem, you should contact Apple for more accurate help.
- Your device might be problematic rather than an account. You can use iMessage on a different device with your same Apple ID and Password.
Sign Out/In from Apple ID
If you didn’t find above methods helpful then you should try this one. Signing out and signing in back to your Apple ID might work for you. It may seem as simply effortless but it definitely can help you a lot. This simple method works like magic for some users. So you should also try it.
- At the first step, go to Settings and hit the Message button. Go down and tap on ‘Send & Receive button.
- Tap on Apple ID and click Sign Out option.
- Now you should Switch off iMessage and wait for few minutes. Switch on the iMessage again and enter your Apple ID and reactivate it.
You should check the software updates regularly and make sure that your iPhone is updated. Whenever Apple releases software updates you should also update your iPhone as well.
- To update your iPhone software, go to Setting and click on General. Then click on the Software Update and install the updates.
- The issue will be resolved once you successfully updated your device.
Don’t frustrate if you still getting iMessage waiting for activation error.
When nothing works, try this ultimate solution for best results. Make sure that you have a back up of your whole device before trying this method.
Open Settings and go to General, click on the Reset button and select Erase All Content and Settings option.
Now enter iPhone Passcode and confirm it. Now you can set your device as per your needs. Don’t worry Apple has benefitted you to restore your iPhone through iTunes.
By connecting your device to the computer, open iTunes and hit Restore iPhone and at the end click on OK. Now try to enable the iMessage and you will surely never see iMessage waiting for activation error on your iPhone.
These were some really useful and easy methods for you to enjoy your iMessage on your iPhone successfully every time.